As of 12:35AM, June 25 (Saturday)
All of the information after the jump.
Falcon expected out Sunday
Quitlong said Falcon is expected to exit Philippine territory by Sunday morning.
As of 4 a.m. Friday, Falcon was estimated at 370 km east-northeast of Tuguegarao City (Cagayan), with maximum sustained winds of 85 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 100 kph.
It was moving north northwest at 19 kph and is expected to be 330 km northeast of Basco, Batanes Saturday morning.
By Sunday morning it is expected to be 690 km north northeast of Basco, Batanes or at 270 km west northwest of Okinawa, Japan.
PAGASA reminded residents in low-lying and mountainous areas under Signal 1 against possible flash floods and landslides. — RSJ, GMA News
- Flood Update: As of 11:00 PM, La Salle Taft – knee deep #mmda
- Flood Report: As of 10:56 PM, Bernardo St. Brgy. Mariblo Quezon City – 5 to 6 feet (via @mmda)
- Flood Update: as of 9:34 PM, Merville Sales SB; passable for all types of vehicle.
- Flood Update: as of 9:25 PM, Frisco Del Monte, Quezon City; around 5-6 feet.
- Flood Update: as of 9:15 PM, C4 Lascano-24 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 8:53 PM, C.P Velasquez Westbouynd-half tire, C.P Garcia Katipunan SB; half tire.
- Flood Update: as of 8:48 PM, Merville Sales SB; knee deep, E.,Rodriguez Araneta- 5 feet, Quezon Ave. Araneta NB-waist deep.
- Flood Update: as of 8:42 PM, East Ave.-thigh deep, Corinthian White Plains-gutter deep.
- Flood Update: as of 8:35 PM, SM Centerpoint Manila Westbound-6 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 8:20 PM, C5 Katipunan SB after flyover-6 inches. Makati-Buendia Washington-9 inches, Pasong Tamo-9 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 8:20 PM, Marcos Hi-way Dela Paz; half tire, Boni Gabbys Mandaluyong-knee deep.
- Flood Update: as of 8:20 PM, Otis to UN N. Villegas-half tire, RMB Pureza-10-12 inches, Antipolo to Welcome Rotonda-14 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 7:50 PM, CAMANAVA area: Lascano San Miguel both sides- 27 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 7:45 PM, E. Rodriguez Delos Santos; 4 inches, E. Rodriguez Araneta; 10 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 7:45 PM, Maria Clara Biak Na Bato-12″, Q.Ave. Maria Clara-half tire.
- Flood Update: as of 7:29 PM, Tumana River 17.20 meters, as of 8:02 PM, Maria Clara Dimasalang-8 inches.
- Flood Update: as of 8:00 PM, infront of Delos Santos Hospital along E. Rodriguez; half tire.
- 11 barangays in Valenzuela under water; relief ops ongoing in evac centers; residents urge to call 352 4000 for assistance -dzIQ 990 AM (5:55PM via @dzIQ990)
- Flood Update: Caloocan area; R. Papa Rizal Ave-half tire; Monumento 7’11; knee deep, C4 Lascano; half tire, 10th Ave. Rizal; half tire.#mmda (via @mmda)
- Water spilling over into the road near Riverbanks Mall in Marikina. Taken at 530pm. http://yfrog.com/h89njqvnj (via @ivanmayrina, @gmanews)
- Meycauayan Planning Ofcr Igan Rubio: Poblacion, Kaingin, Lawa, Hulo, Bangkal, Saluysoy flooded; rescue & relief ops ready. Live dziq.am (4:33PM via dzIQ990)
- In Marikina, Rescue 161 airs siren, signalling forced evacuation for residents along Marikina River – Ariel Fernandez/dzIQ 990 AM (4:46PM via @dzIQ990)
- FLOOD UPDATE: as of 4:20 PM, Tumana River – 16.6 meter, Marcos highway delapaz – 6″,Maria Clara/Araneta – 4″, MAKATI: Lumbayao – 5″, St.Paul Lumbayao – 3″, Mayapis – 3″, Lapaz – 10″, Singkamas – 3″, Santacruz – 6.7″,Southside – 12″ (via @mmda)
- PARAÑAQUE: 1.BACLARAN: Bagong Sikat,Bagong ilog,Bagong Lipunan – knee deep,2.TAMBO: Camp Claudio st.,Joseph Quirino – knee deep,4.SAN DIONISIO – QUIRINO: Kabihasnan,Greenhills phase3, Kanaynay ave, Municipal annex main,Olivares – knee deep (via @mmda)
- AREA 2 PARAÑAQUE: 1.San Antonio Gudonidulo – lower knee,2. 5 and 4 area – waist deep,3.BF Homes Lagoon area – waist deep,4.DonBosco amethyst Dorado dulo,Malacamang dulo – knee deep,5.Sunvalley annex 41 – below knee,6.Moonwalk aldrin st. – waist deep. (via @mmda)
- Flood Update: Marcos Hi-way Dela Paz; 6 inches. as of 4:05 PM, Marcos Hiway-light.#mmda (via @mmda)
- Sevilla: people living near Tullahan River must evacuate, La Mesa Dam slight spill since 12 noon flowing to Tullahan in QC. (via @dzIQ990)
- FLOOD UPDATE: TONDO: Rio Jacinto – 13.7″, Delpan/Rio – 13.7″,Abad Santos Tayuman – 11.8″,Quericada – 9.8″,Bambang – 9.8″, Tayuman from R.Ave.to Abad Santos – 9.8″,Recto/R.Ave – 11.8″, Tondo Medical hosp. – 13.7″,R.Ave/Cavite – 11.8″,Moriones from Zamora to Juan Luna – 9.8″. #mmda (2:29PM via @mmda)
- La Mesa Dam overflows. Reached spilling level at 1:30pm (via @inquirerdotnet)
- Flood Update: As of 1:04 pm, SM Manila, likod ng City Hall – Gutter Deep; Macapagal Blvd – Gutter Deep; Malugay Ayala Eb – Half Tire. #mmda (via @mmda)
- Dr. Susan Espinueva, Chief PAGASA Hydrometeorological Division: La Mesa Dam nears spilling level (12:43PM via @ancalerts)
- Sections of Macarthur highway under knee deep water. Traffic along both lanes heavy. Monumento circle also flooded (12:57PM via @atomaraullo, @ancalerts)
- Flood Update: As of 12:50 pm, Ma. Clara Banawe Wb – Waist Deep; Araneta/ Quezon ave Nb & Sb – Gutter Deep. #mmda (via @mmda)
- Flood Update: as of 11:55 AM, Marikina Tumana River – 16.1 meter, Riverbank – 15.2 meter water level (via @mmda)
From this Inquirer article:
- Eight villages in Makati City are not passable to all types of vehicles due to floods.
- In Marikina City, the villages of Concepcion II, Lilac St., Olive St., Russel St. and Katipunan are not passable to light vehicles.
- Seven villages in Manila City are experiencing knee to waist deep floods.
- Five villages in Quezon City are being ravaged by as much as two to five feet-deep waters.
- In Pasay City, 190 Don Carlos villages is also flooded due to the overflowing river nearby, while in Pasig City, Imelda ave. has been rendered impassable to light vehicles, the NDRRMC said.
- The villages of Dampalit and Tenejeros in Malabon are also not passable to all type of vehicles due to flood waters.
- The villages of Bisig, Polo, Arko, Palasan, Balangkas and Pasolo, all in Valenzuela City, and the villages of Sta. Cruz and Tejeros, both in Las Pinas City, are likewise experiencing heavy flooding.
- As of 12:35 PM, Ma.Clara Banawe w/b – waist deep, Araneta ave/ Quezon ave n/b – gutter deep, Quezon ave Biak na bato – half tire deep. (@ANCALERTS)
***SUSPENSION OF CLASSES for JUNE 25 SATURDAY***
- No classes in UP College of Law and St. Scholastica’s College Manila, June 25 (via @ABSCBNNews)
- June 25 DLSU classes at all levels and in all campuses will be suspended. Office work will also be suspended. However, the commencement exercises at the PICC will push through as scheduled. (via @ABSCBNNews, @ancalerts)
- No classes in UP College of Law and St. Scholastica’s College Manila, June 25 (via @ABSCBNNews)
- Advisory: Classes for tomorrow June 25, 2011 are suspended due to inclement weather. Stay safe Tamaraws. (via FEU Facebook Page)
- There will be no classes and offices tomorrow, all Ateneo activities scheduled for tomorrow are also cancelled. (via @ateneodemanilau)
- NO CLASSES tomorrow in the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. – PUP President (via @gmanews)
- NO CLASSES tomorrow in the University of the East (Manila & Caloocan). – UE University Relations Officer (via @gmanews)
- No classes tomorrow, June 25, at Trinity University of Asia. (via @glorifiedslave, @dzIQ990)
- Students of Letran-Manila: No classes for NSTP,PE and I-Comm students TOMORROW (Acdg to VP for Academics,Dean of CLAS,Chair of NSTP program) (via @ancalerts)
***SUSPENSION OF CLASSES for JUNE 24 FRIDAY***
From @DepEd_PH on Twitter:
- DepEd suspends classes in all levels (pre-schools, elementary and high school) in NCR.
- Classes in San Juan suspended tomorrow, June 24. – DepEd NCR
- Cavite City: classes in Preschool, Elementary and High School suspended tomorrow, June 24. – Dir. Lorna Dino
- Antipolo City: no classes in preschool, elementary and high school tomorrow, June 24.
- Isabela and Cagayan under storm signal no. 1 therefore all Pre School classes are automatically suspended tomorrow, June 24.
- Calamba City: no classes in all levels tomorrow June 24 as declared by LGU.
- Subic district – classes in all levels suspended tomorrow, June 24.
- Malolos: City Mayor declared suspension of classes in all levels tomorrow, June 24.
- Classes in Kinder, Elementary and High School in BATAAN, ZAMBALES & PANGASINAN suspended tom upon the recommendation of PAGASA and NDRRMC.
- Cavite: classes also suspended in Kawit, Imus, Noveleta, Tanza and Amadeo.
- Laguna: classes suspended in all levels in Pakil-Pangil, Famy-Mabitac, Bay.
- Dasmarinas City, Cavite: classes in kinder, elementary and HS suspended today June 24.
- Sta. Cruz, Laguna: classes in kinder, elementary and HS suspended today June 24.
- Bulacan: classes in kinder, elementary and high school suspended today, June 24.
- Classes in Angono, Rizal & Rosario and Bacoor in Cavite suspended today, June 24.
From other sources:
- No classes for all levels in Cainta June 24, based on interview with the Mayor (via @inquirerdotnet)
- Classes in Albay resume June 24 in view of expected better weather, Albay gov’t says in text message. (via Gil Cabacungan, @inquirerdotnet)
***CHED Executive Julito Vitriolo says colleges and universities will decide whether classes will be suspended.
- UP Diliman, FEU-FERN College also suspend classes today. (via @UnangHirit, @gmanews)
- Polytechnic University of PH, Bulacan State U, Trinity University of Asia QC, Manila Tytana Colleges suspend classes today (via @UnangHirit, @gmanews)
- Also suspended today: Classes in all levels, inc. college, in Malabon; World Citi Colleges (Anonas,Cubao,Caloocan,Antipolo) (via @UnangHirit, @gmanews)
- Additional Suspension on College level UERM QC, Ateneo de Mla Univ., St. Louis College (Valenzuela), St. Paul College (Aurora Blvd. QC), CEU (Makati) (via @inquirerdotnet)
- Bulacan Gov Willie Sy Alvarado: Classes suspended at all levels; no classes also at Bulacan State University due to bad weather. (via @inquirerdotnet)
- Classes in UPLB suspended today due to heavy rains – From the Office of the Chancellor (via @upsystem)
- Livestreaming traffic view of EDSA, C5 & Nichols. –> www.livestream.com/mmda #mmdabeta (via @mmda)
- ExecSec has suspended work in gov offices in NCR effective 1PM today, but essential health, emergency workers to remain on duty. (via @govph)
- DILG Sec Robredo urges public to call DILG Hotline 117 for emergency assistance. (VIA @dzIQ990, @inquirerdotnet)
- NDRRMC: Several roads in NCR, Luzon still impassable http://bit.ly/ko2nyY (5:00PM via @gmanews)
- Julie Aurelio #Inquirer Malaysian Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur diverted to Mactan–MIAA (via @inquirerdotnet)
- Long list of flights in this Yahoo article
As of 7:00 a.m. today, a total of 6 domestic flights have been cancelled at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3 and Manila Domestic Terminal 4 as Falcon continues to bring rains over the country.
The following flights in NAIA 3 were cancelled:
- 5J 521 MNL-Naga
- 5J 522 Naga-MNL
- 5J 513 MNL-San Jose, Mindoro
- 5J 514 San Jose, Mindoro-MNL
Meanwhile, the following flights in MDT 4 were cancelled:
- DG 601 MNL-Basco
- DG 602 Basco-MNL
- Emergency Hotlines of the National Disaster Coordinating Committee: 911-1873; 912-5296; 912-2665; 912-5668; 911-1406; 912-2665; 911-5061
- NDCC Help hotlines: 734-2118; 734-2120 (Globe telecom): 0917-7334263; 0917-7334256; 0917-7334193; 0915-5366719
- PAGASA 4338526
- NDRRMC 9111873, 9125296
- REDCROSS 143, 5270000
- MMDA 136, 0917-5615711
- PHL Coast Guard 5276136, 328-1098, 527-8481
- DILG Hotline 117
- Bureau of Fire Protection 4106254, 4138859
- DepEd 6361663
- Meralco 16211
- Meralco Text Hotlines: 09175516211, 09209716211 and 09088808576 (via @meralco)
- DSWD Hotline – Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center(CO)= 951-7435; 951-7119; 931-8101 to 07 locals 506 & 507 (via @DSWDserve)
- Crisis Intervention Unit – DSWD-NCR (24 hours) Tel. 734-8635 Central Office (8am-6pm) – Tel. 951-7433; 931-8101 to 07 locals 508, 509, 510 (via @DSWDserve)
- Marikina hotline – 646-6451
***WAYS TO HELP***
- EMERGENCY ALERT: One million lives have been affected by Typhoon Falcon. This is the start of the gruesome lash of the La Nina phenomenon. Support the Red Cross so we can continue to provide to the most vulnerable in the hardest hit cities and provinces. Donate now through www.redcross.org.ph or by SMS: Text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899(Globe) or 4483(Smart). Text 09209492972 for additional information. Thank you!
- For donations, please call the National Resource Operations Center (NROC) Pasay CIty Tel. 852-8081 c/o Ms. Francia Fabian, Head NROC
- Cash donations via: 1.redcross.org.ph 2.PRC HQ, Bonifacio Dr. Port Area, Mla 3.BDO Savings #4530018647 Swift Code BNOR PH MM.